Award winning architectural lighting design firm looking for a full time Senior Lighting Designer with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in Lighting Design in Manhattan. Candidate should be a professional who is exceptionally well organized, resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and detail-oriented with very good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
The role of Senior Lighting Designer requires special knowledge and skills, typically acquired through direct work experience.
- 5-7 years’ work experience with an understanding in lighting design across architectural, interior and landscape design projects.
- Ability to direct and lead staff and crew in lighting projects
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
- Developed skills in 3D modeling software
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and MS Office
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and superb ability to multi-task.
- Strong sensibility and appreciation for design communication
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
Lighting Designer duties and responsibilities at L’Observatoire shall include:
- Completing all phases of project lighting design, starting from the original conception to final phases
- Directing and reviewing the work of Junior Lighting Designers and Lighting Interns
- Provide lighting design solutions appropriate to client brief, budget and relevant standards.
- Attend client and design team meetings, sometimes involving national and/or international travel.
- Prepare presentations to clients
- Develop lighting design solutions (i.e. engineering exercise) - lighting calculations, research of fixture alternatives, review of fixture samples, construction of temporary mockups
- Oversee the documentation of the lighting design via CAD layouts, lighting details, light fixture schedules, lighting control specifications
- Plan and execute lighting mockups as needed throughout the project
- Review cost estimates of project lighting specifications and adjust lighting design to meet owner’s budget.
- Review construction progress of lighting installation at project site and issue field reports to design team.
- Supervise final aiming of light fixtures and lighting controls programming.
We are a New York City-based lighting design office collaborating with prominent architectural firms world-wide. Please visit L'Observatoire's website www.lobsintl.com for a review of our portfolio.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include healthcare, 401K plan, vacation & sick days.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No telephone calls please