Award winning architectural lighting design firm looking for a full time Lighting Designer or recent graduate of a Lighting Design program to join our office in Manhattan.
Candidate should be a professional who is exceptionally well organized, resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and detail-oriented with very good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
The role of Designer requires special knowledge and skills, typically acquired through University study at a Bachelor’s Degree level or through direct work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Lighting, Architecture, Electrical Engineer or related field
- 1-2 years’ work experience with an understanding in lighting design across architectural, interior and landscape design projects
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
- Developed skills in 3D modeling software
- Knowledge in Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and MS Office
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and superb ability to multi-task
- Strong sensibility and appreciation for design communication
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
Designer duties and responsibilities at L’Observatoire shall include:
- Complete all phases of project lighting design from the original conception, to final aiming and lighting controls programming
- Provide lighting design solutions appropriate to client brief, budget and relevant standards
- Attend client and design team meetings
- Prepare presentations to clients
- Develop lighting design solutions (i.e. engineering exercise) - lighting calculations, research of fixture alternatives, review of fixture samples, construction of temporary mockups
- Produce and document the lighting design via CAD layouts, lighting details, light fixture schedules, lighting control specifications
- Attend progress meetings of at project site and issue field reports to design team
- Participate in final aiming of light fixtures and lighting controls programming
We are a New York City-based lighting design office collaborating with prominent architectural firms world-wide. Please visit L'Observatoire's website www.lobsintl.com for a review of our portfolio.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include healthcare, 401K plan, vacation & sick days.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com